Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Short comment on Bushies' speech this morning....
In response to a question about unemployement and the transfer of US jobs overseas.. Bush advised the unemployeed to go get retrained. "community college are doing a great thing"....

So let me see if I understand the advise... My college degree and 15 years of experience and technology training, certifications, etc. should now be declared defunct and I should go to a community college and learn a trade. Let's see: I spent 15 years working my way up from $7/hour to a managerial position at $30/hour and now with retraining I might be able to find a job as Day care worker = $ 5 to $8 per hour , Admin assistant = $ 6 to 12 per hour.....while IT jobs are outsourced to someone in India because it's cheaper....
Great advice !

No comments:

Questions for change

Progress Engage in Solidarity What in individual life can be better? How do we make the world better? Find thing to WIN. Heal ourselves Trus...